Dogs are known as man's best friend for good reason, they are loyal, steadfast and full of unconditional love! It is not surprising that the pet industry tops out over a billion dollars, our dogs take great care of us, and we want to do our best for them. The usual caveat applies- be sure to check with your vet before introducing any new food items into your dog's diet. Once you get the OK, have some fun with these super foods that your dog just might love!
- Kale - this green leafy vegetable is filled with vitamins and can help your dog with inflammation. However, if your dog suffers from any type of bladder issue, it is best avoided.
- Carrot - baby carrots make a great snack for your dog! Instead of a store-bought treat that could possibly be filled with some unwanted ingredients, try giving your dog a crunchy carrot for their post-walk snack.
- Pumpkin - this is a great food supplement for dogs, and has been known to calm upset tummies as well. It is absolutely packed with healthy stuff such as potassium and Vitamin C. Try the canned version, it is much easier to serve and store than a whole gourd. Be careful to choose pureed pumpkin and not a pie filling which contains added spices.
- Chia Seed - this super seed is filled with Omega 3s and healthy fats. which can help keep your dog's coat nice and shiny.
- Sweet Potato - similar to the pumpkin, and much easier to manage, sweet potatoes are a great complement to your dog's regular food.
Try one of these superfoods and see how your dog likes them! Remember to check with your vet to double check how much you should feed them and when.
At TyVy Pet Hotel, we understand the importance of keeping your pup happy and healthy! So if you plan on taking an extended leave vacation, boarding your pet may be your best option. Your furry friend will be fed, played will and in good company. Contact us today for more information on our pet boarding services!